A lot of times, men are accused of not knowing how to keep and treat their bae and that’s really sad because ignorance is not an excuse so I’m going to list the most basic rules there are to treating your woman the right way. Please note that following rules do not guarantee for a successful relationship but I’m pretty sure they reduce the probability of a failed relationship.
- If you know she’s someone you see yourself with in future, respect her and stop messing around.
- Stop trying to be controlling! Remember, boyfriend/husband, not parent.
- If she asks you about a certain thing randomly, DO NOT LIE because 9 out of 10 times, she already knows the truth.
- IMO, it’s cool to have a female best friend but at the same time, you have to let her know that you have a girlfriend now so she has to fall back a wee bit. You don’t need to cut her off completely but there’s a line that has to be drawn.
- I believe in personal space so it’s fine if she wants to go out with her friends or something without you. Remember, boyfriend, not shadow.
- If you don’t buy her clothes, don’t try and tell her what she can and cannot wear. She should have enough respect for herself to know what she should and shouldn’t wear out in public.
- If she’s your girl, (tr)eat her without her asking. Make sure her soul leaves her body!
- Don’t ask or expect anything in return for something you did for her because it should be from the kindness of your heart and because you want to.
- A simple “I love you” could make her day 20 times better so tell her a lot (she won’t get tired of hearing it)
- Not Mr. Macho-I-Have-Chest-Hair all the time…let her see your soft side.
- Its “bros over hoes” not “bros over your girl”!
- You shouldn’t have to go through her phone! She’s not a child! This is where trust comes in.
- When going through a rough patch, LEAVE SOCIAL MEDIA OUT OF IT! That’s the quickest way to end up single.
- Don’t make her feel insecure about herself; tell her how beautiful she is as often as possible.
- If she does something you’re uncomfortable with, tell her immediately! Don’t wait till you get into an argument because by then, it’s irrelevant.
- You shouldn’t have sex ALL the time.
Sit down and have real conversations about stuff. Cook together, play games have fun outside the bed afterall, she IS your BFF.
- Ask her how her day was, show her you care; give her booty rubs as she tells you about it.
- It’s cool to take her out every once in a while.
Doesn’t always have to be anywhere expensive, she’d love it as long as she’s with you.
- When she’s having a bad day, hold her. You don’t have to say a thing. Sometimes, they just want to be held.
- Personally, I’m a fan of blowing up her phone with cute stuff. Some like it, some don’t. Know your girl and act accordingly.
- Girls don’t like it when you’re sentimental all the time. If she does something you don’t approve of or you don’t agree with something she suggested, tell her. You’d don’t have to agree with what she says all the time.
- Take some interest in some of the things she likes to do.
- Learn how to do her nails and make bantu knots because they like it (trust me on this).
- Let her know you appreciate her and everything she does for you. Say it and show it.
- If you really love her, you’re going to change your ways to better yourself. Not because she tells you to but because you want to.
- If she tells you not to talk to a certain girl, it’s because she knows her intentions. Even if you think she’s being silly, listen to her.
- Put your bloody pride aside. It’s okay for your girl to want to pay for stuff once in a while.
- Let your girl spoil you! It doesn’t reduce your manhood. She’s just trying to show she appreciates you.
- Don’t be afraid to show her off in public
- She’s going to have your back more than your guys will so always talk to her first about doubts, fears, uncertainties and your plans. Listen to what she has to say.
- If you can’t cook, your sex game better be 100% and your tongue game 1000%.
- Learn how to admit when you messed up or when you’re wrong.
- Stop getting mad at when other guys try to hit on her. Take it as a compliment that others want what you have. If she’s loyal, you’ve got no reason to be mad.
Ladies, did I miss out anything?
Image via CitiFMOnline