In the Southwestern part of the country, introduction ceremonies are significant during the process of getting married. It is where close family members of bride and groom to be, meet officially and get to know relatives of their son and daughter before the wedding day proper. Here are a few things that can go down during…
In the Southwestern part of the country, introduction ceremonies are significant during the process of getting married. It is where close family members of bride and groom to be, meet officially and get to know relatives of their son and daughter before the wedding day proper. Here are a few things that can go down during this introduction ceremony:
1. So you decide to remove the ‘Yoruba Demon’ tag once and for all by settling down
2. You proceed to tell your parents that you want to settle down and you receive their blessingsOri e wa ni be!
3. Then you honestly and humbly propose to your Baby GeaHoney mi, my super-hot ewedu, the only gizzard in my plate of Asun…wee you marry me?
4. How you and your ‘Retired Demon’ Gang storm your potential Bae’s territory on the introduction D-dayAhhh, ota lenu…gbagbe osi!
5. You, wondering whether it is even necessary to prostrate and lie on the floor, just to greet your potential in-lawsSo I will stain my starched Agbada.
6. When her father is taking like forever to bless you people and you look up to be sure of what is going onEjo, Daddy…no be firewood dey for ground o. Na person body.
7. That your Aunty whose dress and makeup is so on fleek that one will mistake her for the bride-to-be
8. When you see people (that you don’t even know) at the Introduction Ceremony, and they start famzing and claiming cousinsYou people will not even wait for the main wedding before doing Mogbo Moya.
9. How your face lights up when you see your bride-to-be coming out in all her glorySee babe…I sabi better thing jo…
10. When the Alaga Iduro asks the bride-to-be whether she knows you and whether she wants to marry you
11. Your face when the bride-to-be takes sometime before she answers Alaga Iduro’s question
12. When they start all those ‘special prayers’ for the well-being of your future family
13. When you sight that your uncle (that didn’t contribute anything to your education and upbringing) eating goat meat, drinking Goldberg and chopping lifeOnku, enuff is enuff!
14. When you get a clue about what the Eru Iyawo Engagement list will look like
Owo Ori – N100,000, Owo Ijoko Agba – N100,000, Owo Ikanlekun – N100,000, Owo Aeroplane – N100,000, Owo Omo Ile – N250,000
15. But you are not worried because you know that you are financially buoyant and capableE mi ni…okunrin meta atabo!