In this tough economy of ours, the hustle is real and as such, many wise folks have decided that they will not come and stay in the house and allow hunger to finish them. Instead, some have resorted to very ingenious ways of making use of their talents to earn pay such as riding on the religious inclination of the citizens of the nation.
Ladies and gentlemen, below are 16 things that anyone who has been in a commercial bus with a preacher can relate with:
1. When you wake up in the morning, hoping it will be a lovely day aheadThe Lord is my shepherd.
2. Getting ready for work like a bossEveryday Am Hustlin’!
3. When you enter the bus and see the sign ‘No Smoking or Preaching in the bus’
No disturbance today!
4. But two minutes after the bus leaves the park, you suddenly hear: “Brethren, I won’t take much of your time…let us commit our journey into the hands of the Lord”
5. That oversabi commuter that is looking for any female that didn’t cover her head before prayer
Aunty Sacred…Holy Weje…Molue Prayer Coordinator…Supreme Commander of the Lord’s Army…Spiritual LASTMA! Issokay!
6. Then preacher starts talking about the evils of eye pencil, lipstick and leggings
Mammy Water ko, Queen of the Coast ni.
7. When he says that weavon and attachment are made from Mammy-Water hair and the passenger sitting beside you is wearing Brazilian hair
8. When it seems the preacher had you in mind specifically when he was talking about fornication
But Man of God, it was only one kiss that I kissed…I didn’t even do kolombi!
9. That oversabi passenger that is always rushing to read the scriptures the preacher calls out
Bros, take eet easy…no be quarrel!
10. When the preacher says: “God will arrest somebody today”, and he is looking at youOga preacher, e be like say you see me for your dream, abi?
11. When the bus comes out of a bottleneck and it seems like the sermon is about to end only for you to get caught in more traffic and the preacher calls out another bible passageWhere is LASTMA when you need them
12. That ‘Doggaman’ that is also in the bus waiting for preacher to finish preaching before selling medicine, but the pastor is taking too much time
Na so you go take spoil my market today!
13. When you think it has all ended after the preaching, another sister starts a session of praise and worship
The struggle when you hear “who can battle with the Lord, who can battle with the Lord, I say nobody”!
14. When everybody starts clapping and hailing the preacher for a wonderful sermon and you are just there like…
Because you know the next thing is to collect offering.
15. When the preacher finally says: “you can support the ministry with anything the Lord lays in your heart to give”A labourer is worthy of his wages jor!
16. How you feel for the preacher when nobody supports the ministry after all the casting and binding he didNo worry Baba, better luck next bus.
Latest posts by Baruu Sneh (see all)
- 8 Ways To Organize A Successful Wedding In This Recession - April 7, 2017
- The Fine Art Of Seeking Social Media Validation - April 3, 2017
- 8 Ways To Spot A Potential Heartbreaker - March 31, 2017