I’m sure we all have at one point or the other seen a couple we thought were so inseparable and would definitely end up together eventually break up. Whether it’s a celebrity couple or one you know personally. You know, one of those things that make you want to give up on love. Well I have been able to break down the different stages we unconsciously go through when such things happen. Enjoy!
- Shock and denial: Yup! The first reaction is always that of shock mixed with denial. Like you actually can’t believe it’s possible. You tend you to believe the person carrying the gist is just pulling your leg. Usually involves a lot of ‘Tah! They no fit break up’, ‘Na lie’, ‘If na joke, stop am’.
- Confusion: Here you begin to wonder how things could have possibly gone wrong with them? I mean they were too perfect for each other.
- Betrayal: You feel very let down because you used to look up to them as an epitome of true love. So all those ‘I love you baby’ and ‘I have the bestest bae’ were for nothing?
- Anger: Here you’re mad at them for raising your hopes so much only to dash them just like that. Like how could they? What happened to all the PDA they were exhibiting? All the BBM updates and Twitter love? What nonsense! They should gerrarahere mehn!
- Deduction: This is the stage where you find yourself calculating all the different indices that made them seem so inseparable. “They’ve been together for 8 years”, “They won best couple every year in school”, “Their parents even know each other”.
- Acceptance: This usually happens weeks after when the gist is now confirmed. You’ve heard it from different confam sources so you know it’s really true.
- Gossip and mockery: Now that you’ve accepted that they’ve broken up, it’s only fair to discuss their matter and spread the gist to any lastma official out there. “E don happen o”, “You don hear?” are different ways the gists usually start.
- Skepticism: By this time you’ve become an unbeliever in love. You don’t even want to hear that so and so can never break up. You can even fight anybody that tells you true love exists. You quickly put on the mentality of ‘Let us just be deceiving ourselves’ and look at every couple out there with the mindset that their break up is only a matter of time.
- Hope: You know, because love is such a beautiful and powerful thing, you find yourself believing in love again and rooting for another couple in no time. And this continues until they break up and the cycle repeats itself.
So there you have it guys. Have you experienced any or all of these before? Do you think I left any stage out? Kindly share your experiences in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sagachristos (see all)
- Rounds Week 6: Fake Lawyers, Another Kardashian Baby, Money Eating Snakes And More - February 11, 2018
- Rounds Week 5: On Pastor Sule And Stephanie, Buhari 2019 And More - February 4, 2018
- Nigerians, Praying Doesn’t Solve Everything! - June 26, 2017