Shanaya was finally getting married to the man of her dreams. She was so excited and wanted everybody to know she was getting married. She shared the good news with me as well and told me how her man accepted that she had a child and he treated her like his own. This was actually great news and rare to find. I asked Shany if the man was supportive and financially stable. She was happy with him, he was the provider and all was well.
I just wanted to make sure that she knew what she was doing and that she will not bother us telling us she wanted to get out of the union. I told her if she has cheated on him and it felt good, she should not marry him. She blushed and laughed it off, I knew then she had actually cheated a few times and enjoyed it. We argued about the cheating bit for a second where she opened up and told me she was marrying him because he won her heart over the maintenance of his daughter. He has been taking care of them and he proved he was the best for her.
This is the thing. Once you cheat on a serious relationship you are bringing trouble:
- You will not stop cheating. You did it, it felt good so you will definitely do it again. There are things that you will feel your partner is not doing right and go back to the person you once had it with. If your conscience still exists, you might take breaks in between to build your home but you will go back to your nest again.
- You will be comfortable. Your partner did not catch you the three times you cheated so you will get comfortable. It will become part of your lifestyle and you will not feel any need to stop. You think you are good at hiding things and pat yourself on the shoulder “I’m the man.”
- You will be insecure. You are bringing in insecurities, confirming in your head that your partner is also cheating. When your partner tells you he has a late night meeting you will think he is meeting someone else and he is making you a fool.
- Boredom. You will get bored with your partner. I am not sure whether I am the only one but I fail to understand how you can get served two different meals and not prefer one to the other. I mean seriously, one will obviously dish it out better. You will get bored with the same spices you use every day in your home.
- You will need JESUS. Here is the reason. You will have trust issues in all your relationships. You will remember all the things you used to do and will not trust or believe anything you will be told by your partner. You will have crazy thoughts whenever your partner goes out to workshops outside your city, going home or meeting friends. My friend, you need Jesus for you brought those things to yourself unknowingly. That is why they say you reap what you sow. You will be a pain to your future bae calling them every second when they are away.
It is better to stay pure in a relationship. If it is not what you want or you are bored with that person, live them in one piece. Most people say cheating strengthens homes, I say it breaks trust and demolishes homes like a wrecking ball through a hard wall. What do you think?
Image via Kiss The Chaos