I hope you all are doing great. For me, planning my week has always been a part of my weekly routine, if I don’t, then I am looking for trouble. My week won’t be as awesome as I envision it to be, honestly. Well this is aside from unplanned events that spring up in the course of the week. So with that,I will be giving out some of the tips I employ to ensure a stress free week .
1. Set Positive and Attainable Goals: I find this very important because it helps me through the week, knowing that I’m aiming for something/goal by the end of the week. All you need is a small note pad to write down your goals. For example, it could be about finishing a motivational book/ a book in the bible or even achieving a certain weight goal.
And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Habakkuk 2: 2
2. Organize your Closet: Now this is a must for me, organizing what to wear for the week, from my clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. This can help you to be focused, organised and save a lot of time in the mornings. Trust me, if you incorporate this to your weekly routine, you will be glad you did.
3. Prepping Healthy Meals: Some people enjoy eating freshly made food but often at times it could be challenging and stressful after a long day at work/school. So getting home to start cooking is probably the most dreaded chore for me. I advise you prepare the basic meals e.g soups, chicken, fish, veggies e.t.c at the beginning of the week, package them into partitioned containers and store in the freezer. This basically solves cooking everyday. When hungry place meals into the microwave, warm and eat… voila!!! your food is ready.
4. Take sometime for yourself: After a long stressful week, you want to pamper yourself a bit. Depending on your mood, you can either visit the saloon to make your hair, get some pedicure/manicure done or even a trip to the spa wouldn’t be a bad option to treat your body right.
5. Ensure to Sleep Early: “Early sleep and early Wake up gives health and makes you grow”- Portuguese Proverb
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord , make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
With these tips of mine, I rest my case. I guarantee you a better organised week, if you are diligent with it tho!! Is there any other thing/tradition you do in order to have yourself a stress free week? Kindly share….